Management Track Record – Over $1.5 billion of multifamily acquisitions across the US over a combined 25+ years of experience;
Experience – Extensive experience in successfully acquiring and operating properties in targeted submarkets, leading to thorough knowledge and awareness of these markets which, combined with analysis of current and historical data, trend analysis, and projections, assist M1 in identifying undervalued opportunities with the potential of significant increase in property value;
Focused and Conservative Approach – Investing exclusively in multifamily assets, mainly through direct property investments, but also other related investment vehicles, a strategy which enable us to achieve outsized returns – in the industry sector which features the best risk-return ratio – by leveraging our institutional knowledge on targeted opportunities in a focused set of geographies;
Relationships – Established relationships with top multifamily brokers, lenders and property management companies in M1’s target markets, as well as extensive network of other property owners, enable the group to see most of the opportunities in its targeted markets, which is essential to M1’s strategy of sourcing underperforming off-market or distressed transactions frequently before the general buyer;
Significant barriers to entry for new multifamily rental housing –
- Scarcity of available property and land for new development;
- Expense of underlying land makes development cost prohibitive;
- Rigorous and costly entitlement process.
Unique knowledge and access to its focused US multifamily markets –
- Some of the nation’s most favorable multifamily markets;
- Diverse employment base in coastal regions;
- Deep resident pool for workforce housing (renters by necessity);
- Disproportionately higher cost of homeownership vs. renting;
- Historically low-vacancy, high-value real estate.